3 Simple Steps For Prompting Student Interest In Content Creation
It’s really easy to inspire students to use technology by providing them with easy tools to make them excited about using cameras, smartphones, and video cameras in an artistic manner. The best way to get them started is with sample content.
1) Provide sample content.
-Show off instagram snaps from past students and staff and provide inspiration - tell students that they’ll be in charge of visually curating future program materials for excitement factor
- Showcase youtubers who have made video diaries of travels using GoPro ( a 100 dollar camera that Starns will be bringing along)
2) Use “barely educational” guides to teach the basics in creating artful snaps.
- My favorite blogger, F.E. Castleberry provides this sort of content on his Unabashedly Prep blog. By using his guide to “taking better iphone pictures”, I truly honed my instacraft.
3) Remind them they are creating keepsakes for lifelong memories.
- These images & videos they are taking will be on the mantle, above the fireplace, in their master bedroom in 20 years. Pictures of you & your friends in Europe from your early 20s are pretty difficult to top when it comes to nostalgia-factor.
Photos by Madelyn Corrinne, Cody Bass, and Jesse Pederson, taken from instagram.
To see a complete list of instagram pics & videos for promo material - go here Doug!